Oh my head hurts. I mean seriously people, the list of nominees for MOST STUPID is the most widely contested race of all.
Shall we poll the Internet denizens?
Here are some of the nominees. Feel free to add any you can think of. The winner will receive a dead fish wrapped in the NYTimes, delivered by a pony express rider wearing a Dior gown of sparkling crystals.
1. Proving that he can’t read, Governor Scott Walker of Wisconsin says he will sign a new bill requiring an ultrasound of any pregnant woman seeking an abortion. Having learned nothing from what happened in Virginia when Governor McDonnell also planned to sign the same sort of thing, Walker announces that “I don’t have any problem with ultrasound”. No I guess HE doesn’t. But perhaps if it were required that all men who decide to treat women like children and tell them what to do with their own bodies, should undergo a lobotomy, he might, just might, change his tune. But then again, maybe not.
2. Arizona House Representative, Trent Franks resurrected the old “rape victims block the pregnancy” argument of Todd Akin, stating the “incidence of pregnancy following rape is very low.” This was in support of a bill introduced by Franks making abortion illegal after 20 weeks. Democrats had introduced an amendment making an exception for rape and incest. It appears that Republican man are raised to believe that they are doctors by osmosis. It’s a male thing.
3. So utterly against any immigration bill are some Republicans that they don’t even want to debate the issue. The reasons are obvious. The final bill may well pass the Senate, and then it’s on the House where Boehner will wring his hands and insist that he’s only there to help the House speak it’s will. The likes of Steve King and Louis Gohmert and Steve Stockton, will provide the show there. For now this group joins in a team effort to win the golden smelly carp award: Sens. John Barrasso (Wyo.), John Boozman (Ark.), Mike Crapo (Idaho), Ted Cruz (Tex.), Mike Enzi (Wyo.), Charles E. Grassley (Iowa), James Inhofe (Okla.), Mark Kirk (Ill.), Mike Lee (Utah), James Risch (Idaho), Pat Roberts (Kan.), Tim Scott (S.C.), Jeff Sessions (Ala.), Richard Shelby (Ala.) and David Vitter (La.). A finer band of brothers in stupid cannot be found.
4. Virginia Lieutenant Governor nominee, E. W. Jackson wrote a book, and published it. It is called The Ten Commandments to an Extraordinary Life. Trouble is, he misspelled Commandments to Comandments in the title. Then he said that yoga would lead to satanic possession.
5. Jim Bridenstine (R-OK) is somebody you probably never heard of. I suspect you can continue to not hear of him. He took to the floor last week in the House and ranted on about how the President was “a vengeful liar who lacks the moral compass” to lead the nation. He likened himself to Patrick Henry. He thinks he did a good job. Trouble is, I guess he forgets that the polls suggests he may be the one without a moral compass. It’s improper to cast such vitriol on the House floor. But alas it’s nothing new for the crazy crew. And by the by, all his reasoning was based on factual untruths. ALL of them. So I guess he’s intellectually impaired on top of being a flagrant abuser of the mouth.
6. Darrell Issa claimed through selected editing of testimony, that the order to select “conservative” applications for tax-exempt status came “from Washington”. He promised that the full transcripts would be released shortly. Of course the full transcripts said just about the opposite. The person who has owned up to the screening methodology, describes himself as a Conservative Republican and says he doesn’t believe there was any political motivation in the process, but merely a method to extract those applications that would undoubtedly necessitate deeper analysis. Issa now claims that release of the full transcripts would be “dangerous and irresponsible.” He now claims it is Cummings who is the problem.
7. Now I admit, this is not a Republican. But well, we have loved Carl Levin for many years. But we are pretty darn happy he’s decided to retire. He voted to keep the decision-making on rape charges in the hands of command. It was wrong. He sided with the military men. It was wrong. This kind of thing makes no sense on any level. It doesn’t promote cohesion in the ranks. It promotes distrust. Shame on him. And on Clare McCaskill who also voted this way.
So that’s my line up for today.
As I said, please add your favorites.
It’s hard to miss a week without Gohmert being on the list I know.
But he’ll be back in the top ten. He won’t let us down.
- The GOP’s cleansing of its ‘stupid’ wing will never work (deathandtaxesmag.com)
- Ted Cruz and Mike Lee outshine Rand Paul on immigration (powerlineblog.com)
- Sen. Ellis shouts down Dems during ultrasound bill vote, breaks gavel base (host.madison.com)
- At hearing for ATF nominee, more Republican obstruction (afjjusticewatch.blogspot.com)
- GOP wunderkind drives Wisconsin into the ground (dailykos.com)
- MEMO: New GOP Assault on Women’s Health Care is Akin-Like (democrats.org)
- Non-Todd Akin GOP congressman: ‘The incidence of rape resulting in pregnancy are very low’ (dailykos.com)
- GOP Sen. Candidate Bashes ‘Moron’ Trent Franks For Rape Remarks: ‘Stupid Has No Specific Affiliation’ (mediaite.com)
“The winner will receive a dead fish wrapped in the NYTimes, delivered by a pony express rider wearing a Dior gown of sparkling crystals.”
How funny Sherry
“This was in support of a bill introduced by Franks making abortion illegal after 20 weeks.”
Trent and Texas Gov.Perry must have had lunch together recently because Perry is pushing for the same type of “birth control” here too.
I try to make you laugh through the tears. lol…Ain’t they sumpin’ those GOPers? !END
Teh stupid – it hurts. So many good examples of stupidity here.
the supply apparently is endless. !END
The queen of stupid, Sarah, is rejoining Fox. Just when you think their IQ is as low as it can go, along she comes and drops it some more.
Oh Lord, seriously? They must really be concerned about their ratings. To push that agenda is amusing indeed. It shall be fun to watch her attempts to be relevant again. !END
Snoring Dog Studio said:
Ouch. What a lineup. They just keep being stupid. You’d think they learn. But I suspect that stupid is called some other thing in their language.
Hahaha, I bet you are right. Stupid is called something else to them. I wonder what word that might be? It is not a word rational people could ever think up. Should we ask them? !END
Gotta luv them guys. Stupid is, as stupid does.
Yeppers. Whose your favorite crazy in California? !END