I am pleased as punch to announce (trumpets blaring!!!) that Ruth at Visions and Revisions has seen fit in her perfectly infinite wisdom and general all-around smarts to bestow on yours truly, a fantastical award known as the Kick Ass Award.
No mere award, this one touts my illustrious abilities to physically overwhelm my readers with delightful and whimsical visions of sugarplum fairies. It is only bestowed on those who have consistently shown a profound intellectual prowess unknown in most of the starry universe but for a pocket or two of nebular extravaganza. I humbly bow before the likes of Einstein, Newton, and Michelangelo as examples of earlier recipients. (I only embellish ever so slightly of course!)
I do thank Ruth for recognizing true greatness when she sees it. This shows she is by definition an astute person of merit. Now I have the delightful duty of going through a labyrinthine journey to establish my rightful acquisition. I have already met rule one which is to recognize my benefactor, Ruth. Please note the link above and go there. You will be filled with inspiration when you have read her fine blog.
Second I have to go to and link to www.mammadawg.com. I was then to link to KickAss Blogger Award HQ, and sign in and leave a comment. I did so, although I did not leave a comment. Not through lack of intellectual acuity on my part, I assure you, but because obviously they purposefully hid the comment section from me lest I overwhelm past winners with my aptitude.
Third I must show you a picture of my lovely and well-deserved (I might add) award, and thus I do so here:
And fourth, I must pass on this illustrious gem to 5 other worthy individuals, of great though lesser ability. (I did set the high mark as you no doubt have already noticed.) They are the following meritorious creatures who will be undoubtedly forever in my debt for this:
1. Maggie at Civil War Women. Maggie is unfailing in her continued determination to bring to the public the role of women in the Civil War. While almost completely ignored in the typical histories of the War between the States, there is indeed a rich history of service by American women during this wrenching period in our history. Maggie works hard to make sure we are aware of the contributions of women. Maggie doesn’t accept comments but she does respond to e-mails.
2. To the team effort at If I Ran the Zoo. These folks are admittedly biased in the liberal vein. They call em as they see em, and they agree with me, which makes them right on! Seriously a ton of work goes into this blog, bringing you current affairs with plenty of snap and pizazz. They cover a lot of territory every day, and it’s always worth the trip over.
3. Kathie, at Inspired by Antique Quilts. I check her site out at least once a week, for inspiration alone. If you have ever wanted to quilt, this lady’s work is so beautiful that you will be hooked. She loves what she does, and it shows in the beautiful fabrics, exquisite piecing, and well the final product is one you would easily pay a good price for. She always have several projects going and plenty of pictures to whet your appetite. Her quilts are good enough that they are featured in quilting magazines. I kid you not!
4. Sue, at Nailing Jello to the Wall. This is a fairly new blog for me, but one I never miss. Sue is irreverent to say the least, and never pulls a punch. You know exactly where she stands and believe me it’s refreshing. Her take on the political scene is zippy and full of smart sassy writing. I steal from her blogroll a lot I tell you. I was a fan from the very first stop. You will be too, if politics is your thing!
5. Melisende, at Women of History. Melisende does a wonderful job collecting stories about women around the world who have made contribution to the human condition. She does everyone a service in bringing forth this information that is mostly not known by most of us. She publishes articles of interest to women in the world, speaking out on women’s issues in all their variety and complexity. She makes a valuable contribution to bloggerdom.
Well, that fulfills my responsibilities. I’ve done a Kick ASS job as you can no doubt see. But them I am A KICK ASS BLOGGER!. LOL. Well, thanks again Ruth, and lets get out there and do our jobs. Keep your heads down, and be careful out there!